dukkah spice mix
Dukkah is a tasty and versatile flavouring. It’s inexpensive to make and you get to choose what flavours you favour.
Author: Rachel Knight
Recipe type: Spice mix
Cuisine: North African
Serves: 2 cups
- 100g almonds
- 100g sesame seeds
- 50g coriander seeds
- 1tbsp cumin seeds
- 1tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Spread the almonds on one baking tray and the four seeds on another
- Toast them in the oven at 180 degrees C for 5-10 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Put the seeds and nuts in a mini food processor or spice mill with the salt and paprika.
- Blend for a few seconds at a time until you get a texture you like.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for longer storage.