Fennel, pear and rocket salad with toasted walnuts and lemon, honey, ginger dressing
Not so much a recipe as a collection of ingredients from my garden, pantry and fruit bowl. Delicious flavours and textures work well together.
Author: Rachel Knight
Recipe type: salad
Serves: serves 2
- Half a fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- Handful of rocket leaves (mine were big so I chopped them up)
- One firm pear, cored and sliced
- Fresh herbs finely chopped (coriander, chives, parsley, mint depending on what you have)
- Handful of walnuts, about 50g, toasted in the oven or a dry pan
- For the dressing:
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 Tblsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp miso and 1 tsp honey, dissolved in 1 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 fat garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Prepare the fennel, rocket, pear and herbs and arrange on a shallow platter.
- Toast the walnuts and roughly chop. I toast more than I need and keep in a jar in the fridge for another day.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a jug. Season to taste.
- When ready to serve scatter the walnuts over the salad and drizzle over the dressing.