zucchini corn fritters and guacapplemole
It's zucchini and corn time so I used both to make these fritters. I served with rocket leaves and 'Guacapplemole' - half an avocado blended with an apple, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt.
Author: Rachel Knight
Recipe type: Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil free
- 500g grated zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g fresh corn kernels, finely chopped (about a cup)
- 100g chickpea flour
- Bunch of chives, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic granules
- Put the grated zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle with salt
- Mix well and allow to stand for half an hour
- Tip the grated zucchini into a sieve or colander
- Allow to stand over a bowl for a few hours so that the liquid drains out.
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees C
- Press the grated zucchini firmly to squeeze out as much moisture as possible, discard the liquid
- Put the zucchini, corn, chickpea flour, chives and garlic granules in a large bowl and mix well
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper or a silicone mat
- Place tablespoons of the mixture on the baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning with a spatula half way through cooking.
- Serve warm with Guacapplemole